Improper

Cornwall's own improvised comedy company creates spontaneous performances from your suggestions. Unpredictable, unscripted, and always unpolitically correct! WARNING: some performances may not be appropriate for sensitives souls. The company does not assume responsibility for split sides, slapped thighs... or wet pants!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Fate of the Fete!



Hello there and Happy Line- up.

Here you see 4 of the 6 of us Improper types...if you can guess which one I am...you win the prize. Kind of harkens back to the days of Dragnet and that great film about the 7 guys who rob something and then all get caught and there's this wicked twist to it and then....and then, Ok ok I can't remember the name of it now and feel like a real muppet (Bert OR Ernie..not at all picky about this part) Please see below if you are in Cornwall, England as we have an upcoming show on Saturday, July 1st, in Bodmin. Promise no shoot outs or performances in cages....although that COULD be fun and remind me of home. Being a Yank and all. Or I guess we could say Burmingham and that would work just as well. Getting back to the rant at hand- today we went to a Village Fete. Now I say "we" and when I do I mean myself, my rock n roll husband and our little fairy princess, who turns the ripe ole age of 5 next month! She was all dressed up as a Flower Fairy and actually managed to win the first prize in the costume parade!! AKA fancy dress competition for my other English readers.......as Bill Bryson so kindly puts it, "we are 2 countries divided by a common language". Hey, I've got it- it's The Uusual Suspects"!!!! Yeah, Kevin Pollack is in it (he asked me out on a date once, but that's another post). Anyway, a good time was had by all at the fete- although I must confess to being saddened, irked, crest fallen and even a little depressed by the lack of the one thing that makes the yearly Village Fete fun for little ole me................THE CORNISH WRESTLING!! They didnt have it this year- hey they didnt even have any people telling us why they didnt have it this year! No announcement, no special flier declaring their heart felt apologies, no banner telling us WHY , oh why wasnt it on? Nooo nothing for us Wrestlin groupies that so desperately wanted to see those too stretched shorts covering those Corn- fed bodies of theirs, the bulging biceps and shiny shaved heads, the gleaming calf muscles and taut beer bellied selves still reeking of ripe ales and rollies. I waited at the usual spot- glued to it until my husband wrenched me from my fantasy fueled gaze and instructed me to buy plants. Harumph- how can he even think that some droopy sweet basil could possibly cure my thirst for some good ole male mud- wrestlin!! Ah well, home now I console myself with luke warm coffee and my sweet memories. Hey maybe later tonite I can surf awhile and if the gods are with me- find an old episode of Beverly Hillbillies. The big strapping Elvis looking rope belt wearin, possum eatin, well meaning boy -Ahhh Jethro.....until we meet again.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said…

    I claim this web log on behalf of "The Friends of Mark Gamon". Now, if you would all just move over there to the left and make yourself comfortable until we decide what should be done. We will let you know in due course.
    Thank you.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Richard said…

    Look, there's at least two people who regularly read Mark's blog.

    Hello.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    I read Mark's blog too. And now I shall read yours.

    Welcome. Hope you're not on Portland.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger tom909 said…

    I read Mark's blog too, and now I've read yours. See you live just down the road from me but as my friends will tell you, I don't have a sense of humour so comedy and me, well, they just don't go.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said…

    Tom does have a sense of humour. It is friends that he doesn't have.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger T. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger tom909 said…

    Vicus, as you well know it is not my policy to encourage friendship. It is a dangerous and much over-rated experience.
    T. if you really do have to sing like that please don't move in next door to me - I may have to shoot you.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger tom909 said…

    Oh, I've just answered a comment that was deleted as I wrote my comment. That's a first.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Mark Gamon said…

    Glad to see you're all enjoying yourself. I don't have anything coherent to say apart from grumbling at the aforementioned Portland who seem to think my blog stopped a week ago, despite all the posts and comments I keep putting up there.

    Skiverivor - I suppse the real problem is that Bodmin is somehow Improper from head to toe. Or top to bottom. Or beginning to end. Or...

    I've run out of things to say about Bodmin. Imagine my surprise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home